Posted on Sunday, April 28, 2018 at 06:18 p.m. (EST) & 04:48 a.m. (IST), APRIL 2019 Edition
Marvels' Avengers: Endgame (MAE) in IMAX 3D
is a movie worth watching over and over again because of it's
biblical themes that come to light in an excellent way with its
unexpected twists and turns where good eventually triumphs over
evil. In MAE, surviving Avengers who were left behind make it their
purpose to bring back all those who perished at the hands of the
evil demigod Thanos. MAE has so many good things going that it could
have held on it's own without taking the Lord's name in vain,
excessive drinking, and using curse
There are a number of biblical themes shown throughout the movie such as addressing sacrifice, perseverance, hope, faith, love, forgiveness, teamwork, community, life, death, conflict, reconciliation, selflessness, and good triumphing over evil.
Questions to Ponder:
1. What character do you identify yourself with and why?
2. How have you handled any type of loss in your life? How is it similar or different compared to how loss in handled in MAE? How does the Bible ask us to deal with loss?
3. How do you deal with conflict? How is it similar or different in how conflict is handled in MAE? How does the Bible ask us to deal with conflict?
4. Who in your life do you need to reconcile with and why? How is the situation similar or different in what is seen on MAE? What does the Bible teach us about reconciliation?
5. What does true sacrifice mean to you? What does the Bible say about sacrifice?
6. What kind of relationship do you have with your dad? How is it similar or different to parent-child relationship we see in MAE? What does the Bible say about parent-child relationships?
7. How is love shown to you in your life? How is it similar or different in the ways love is shown in MAE? What does the Bible teach us about love?
Express Your View
Copyright 2019 Pittsburgh Standard
Reproduction or reuse for profit prohibited without written consent from Pittsburgh Standard